My favourite fictional books about witches

  • Stardust by Neil Gaiman
  • A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
  • Wicked by Gregory Maguire
  • The mortal instruments and the infernal devices by Cassandra Clare
  • Harry potter series by J.K. Rowling

Tuesday 25 March 2014

Harry potter book review

Harry Potter by J.K.Rowling

A boy named harry potter is a wizard. His parents were murdered when he was about one years old, by a evil grand master of wizardry called lord Voldemort. On his 11th birthday he gets a letter from Hogwarts, a school of witchcraft and wizardry to tell him he has got a place there. Once he gets to the school he becomes friends with Ron Weasley, a boy who comes from a long line of Griffydors (one of the 4 houses at Hogwarts). After a mishap with a mountain troll on Halloween they become friends with Hermione Grainger, a witch born from muggles (non magic folk). Over 7 years they go through many trials and adventures to rid the world of the threat of lord Voldemort returning and during which they face many magical and dangerous creatures.

My favourite character was Luna Lovegood because she was a bit of a minor character and she supported Harry and was loyal to him at a time when everyone had turned their backs on him so to me she seems like a true virtuous friend.

The characters felt very real and relatable to me because they are all my age when I read the books so I grew up with them and it was a very relatable story to follow.

The story kept me guessing the whole way through because there were so many unexpected twists and turns in the plots of each book, a lot of the shocking things that did happen I never expected them to.

My favourite book of the series was probably Harry Potter and the goblet of fire because of the ending where Voldemort actually returns. It changes the whole mood of the books and this mood change is reflected from the 4th book all the way to the end of the 7th.

The series made me laugh out loud and also cry like a baby at points. It was written so well and any age person could read it and still get the same enjoyment out of the story as I have because it is timeless.

The story was a very gripping and it kept me turning the pages, I really wanted to find out what happens next, the whole way through it and it was never boring.

I think the Harry Potter series was the first massive series to make a huge impact about friendly witches and wizards and started the craze with the supernatural that is still a massive genre today. I think that Harry Potter has made it more acceptable to be a witch in today's society because it has brought magic away from just being dark and has made it heroic, humorous and brave. There are not many people who have read the series and thought that magic is all bad. The true acceptance is proven by the sheer amount of success the series has had and so many people dream about getting that letter of acceptance to Hogwarts delivered to their door with owl post.

I give the Harry Potter series by J.K.Rowling a 5/5.  

Here is a link to buy Harry Potter by J.K.Rowling on www.amazon.co.uk:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_p_n_feature_browse-b_mrr_0?rh=n%3A266239%2Ck%3Aharry+potter%2Cp_n_feature_browse-bin%3A400530011&keywords=harry+potter&ie=UTF8&qid=1397066785&rnid=400529011

No comments:

Post a Comment